Route to Parks Grants
At Parks California, we believe that everyone deserves a world-class park experience in California and that all can benefit from a lifelong connection with nature.
To ensure our state park system is more welcoming, accessible and relevant to all visitors, Parks California is proud to launch the Route to Parks Grants.
Do you share our passion for increasing access to California state parks?
Through the Route to Parks Grants, we aim to improve park access for all Californians so they can create authentic connections with nature.
For this round of funding, we are seeking proposals that address the following criteria:
- Provide transportation to a California state park or beach, and offer a valuable recreational, environmental, cultural, or historical learning experience;
- Reach communities who may face challenges getting to or enjoying parks;
- Address those parts of the state with the greatest transportation needs;
- Preference will be given to programs that:
- Deliver memorable experiences in state parks through collaboration with other stakeholders by building expertise to deliver programs that they alone would not be able to provide
- Provide participants with multiple meaningful outdoor experiences in parks
- Have an innovative transportation approach and can be scaled statewide
Under this grant cycle, Parks California anticipates grant awards will average $15,000. Applicants should apply for projects that start November 1, 2020 with an intention of completion by October 31, 2021.
Parks California hosted a webinar on June 16, 2020 to discuss Route to Parks Grants goals, and address common questions regarding the application process. You can access a recording of the webinar here. In addition to the recording, you can access a copy of the PowerPoint presentation and additional questions read by the moderator, the presenters received additional questions via chat. You can access those questions and corresponding answers, here.