Parks California is a new organization working to ensure that our State Parks thrive. From redwood groves and desert springs to lighthouses and ghost towns, we are working with our partners to make California State parks more climate-resilient and welcoming, accessible, and relevant to all visitors. Managing these assets for nearly 40 million residents and millions more annual visitors takes collective work. Park managers cannot do it alone. Parks California harnesses skills and resources—and California’s renowned ingenuity—to help our state, regional, and local parks thrive and evolve. We coalesce a diverse set of partners to make this vision a reality. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization and our programs.
The Grants and Contracts Manager plays a key role with the programs, development, and finance teams. Leveraging their strong fiscal management experience, the Manager is responsible for collaborating across Parks California ensuring smooth and timely processing, reporting, allocating, and spending against the grants and contracts budgets and complying with the grant and contract requirements and applicable laws. The Grants and Contracts Manager brings a meticulous and methodical approach to managing competing priorities and deadlines and collaborates exceptionally well across cross-functional teams.
The Grants and Contracts Manager reports to the VP, Operations & Finance.
Grants and Contracts Management and Compliance
• Work with the development and programs teams to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant and contract agreements
• Track and manage the financial requirements of all incoming grant and contract agreements, including timely issuance of invoices and checks, sub-contract agreements, and financial reports
• Assist the programs team with project costing, vendor sourcing, and managing the outgoing contract agreements
• Ensure the contract agreement templates are up to date with the operating requirements and applicable laws and where applicable in compliance with the master service agreement with CA State Parks
• Enhance existing and develop new grant and contract management processes and systems in response to the changing and growing number of programs and projects
Financial Analysis and Budget management
• Assist with processing the grant and contract expenses, interpreting whether the expense is appropriate and allowable within the agreement framework, scope of work, and budget
• Analyze the programs and projects spending allocations and variances against the assigned budgets
• Provide timely and accurate financial reports to meet rolling deadlines across all grant and contract relationships
• Assist with new program and project budget forecasts
• Work closely with the finance team in managing the expense account codes for accurate tracking and reporting and continuously evaluating the processes and procedures for operational efficiency
• Support the management of revenue recognition during the life cycle of all grants and contracts
• Work jointly with the cross functional teams in communicating and making budget adjustment requests as needed
• Other financial tasks as assigned
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
• Contract management experience, including working knowledge of project costing and budgeting
• Vendor sourcing and negotiation experience
• Nonprofit accounting experience, including deferred revenue and temporary restricted net assets
• Strong Excel skills, including creation and use of pivot tables, lookup functions, and other features for formatting, manipulating and analyzing data
• Familiarity with NetSuite or equivalent accounting and financial platform
• Ability to analyze, translate, and present financial information for use by decision-makers and program staff
• Ability to set and manage priorities, exercise sound judgment, and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a cross-functioning team, building strong and trusted relationships
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, through a combination of education, training, and/or experience, plus five years of related experience
COMPENSATION & LOCATION
Full-time position with a salary range of $80,000 – $100,000, including a comprehensive benefits package, will be offered based on experience.
The position will require both remote and occasional in-person work out of the Parks California Sacramento office.
Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a cover letter describing their qualifications that match the position criteria and what they will bring to the role, along with a resume, to email@example.com with the subject line “Parks California, Grants and Contracts Manager.”
The application review will begin July 11, 2022. Applications submitted after July 11 will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
More information on Parks California can be found at https://parkscalifornia.org/
Parks California is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that our overall effectiveness is enhanced when equity and inclusiveness are practiced and protected throughout our organizational governance, culture, and staffing. We are committed to leadership in and serving as a catalyst for promoting equity and inclusion in parks communities.